29 Apr 2017

Happiness In A Shawl Reveal

Ah! Happy happy happy!!!!
My gorgeous Happiness shawl is completed.
I LOVE IT!!! 💚💚💚
My favourite colour, my favourite yarn and a pattern by one of my favourite designers.
*contented sighs all round*
Let's do a quick recap before I show you the finished shawl....
The yarn is Cotton 8 by Scheepjes


I chose this stunning colour (723) 💚


And THIS beautiful shawl design by Bernadette Ambergen.
I wanted a shawl that was a decent size and it was to be used as a lightweight cover up on the chilly summer evenings.
Here it is.....


As you can see from the photo it's a great size!


And the lacy border gives it a bit of interest.


Cotton 8 is wonderful to work with. It's non splitty and just seems to work up like a dream. 


Blocking really brings the lacy design to life. The best thing about Cotton 8 is that the more you handle and wear it, the softer it gets! I've already got a smaller shawl made with it and it wears really well. I'm looking forward to wearing my Happiness shawl with pride!!!

Til next time x
post signature

1 comment:

  1. The color is gorgeous and so is the shawl! I think I used that color in my Scheepjeswol 2014 CAL and loved it, too.

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS