30 Jun 2014

Border Control.....

Ah don't you just LOVE it when you reach that stage in a project when it's time to decide on what border will suit said project????

Well that's where I'm at right now! OK, that's not exactly true. I'm a little bit past that stage! I've had a weekend of frantically joining and have managed to make a start on the border :-)


I just love how this blanket is turning out! I decided on a double crochet, chain 1, double crochet joining technique. I felt this gave a lovely solid edge to the squares. It might look a little bumpy in the  photograph but once blocked it will settle down nicely :-)


The border was a little trickier to decide on! I have to admit to ripping it back THREE times before I was happy. I've decided on a mix from different sources with lots of adaptations. There will be some nice rows of easy peasy stitch combinations and I'm planning to finish with a lacy edge. Well that's the plan anyway!!!


I'm having a mad hooky time trying to get it finished and blocked so that I can take some lovely TA DAH!!! photos at the weekend. Please pray for good weather ;-)

So to recap. I am using Invicta Colour (shades 968 and 960) and Invicta Extra (shade 1466) both are made by Sheepjeswol. I'm using a 4mm hook just because I'm a tight hooker :-) The recommended hook size is 3mm!

Invicta Colour is now available from Deramores :-) So far I've used 300g of each of the Invicta Colours and 350g of the Invicta Extra. 

Once it's finished I shall give finished quantities and I'll measure the blanket for you.
Til next time!

Mx

2 comments:

  1. oh, its coming together nicely! that green just pops against the pinks !!
    A/x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous...love this yarn...love your squares and the border is just perfect..can't wait to see it finished xx

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS