16 Feb 2014

Teeny Squares Scarf....

I finally got around to taking some photos of the finished scarf. Please excuse the photo quality...today has been a little trying light wise!
Ok so this scarf was a real labour of love. If you remember, it was inspired by this gorgeous Sophie Digard creation:


I had some of the stunning Invicta yarn from Scheepjeswol to play with. It's a beautiful yarn which comes in some of the most gorgeous colours ever!!! And...because it's a wool/polyamide mix it means it's soooo hardwearing and washable. Win win I say!


I had this stunning colour way to play with and wanted to make something that would showcase all the stunning colours within one ball of yarn. 

Hence the idea of teeny squares and circles within squares was born! I chose a very simple pattern so that attention would be focussed on the yarn rather than the design... ok....enough rambling...and without further delay....I give you the completed article!!!!


Did I mention how soft this yarn is? Well it is! Perfect for next to skin contact!


I love how it turned out! All that hooking together of teeny squares was well worth it!


It can be worn folded in half lengthways....and one end casually slung over a shoulder!


Or as an extra warm snuggly collar under a coat.


A simple ruffle border makes it very special! Can you tell I'm pleased with it??? 

Soooo my week off work has flown by. I've managed to get loads done though which is good. No doubt by lunchtime tomorrow the break will seem like a distant memory!

I'm making great progress with my softfun squares...they're all blocked and ready to be joined.....


This shall be my evening hooky for the week ahead! Ah happy times!

Til next time
Mx

1 comment:

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS